Sunday, December 7, 2014

Holiday Parties and More Running!

I decided to kick the weekend off way too early with a night in NYC with my team on Wednesday evening. This is the final push before the holidays and we've all been under some stress, so it was a great night to let off some steam. We had a big group so last minute reservations were tough, but we ended up having a really fun dinner at Mercer Kitchen in SOHO.



We ended the night at one of my all time favorite spots, Beauty & Essex. A good friend of ours took us there when she first moved to New York, so it always makes me nostalgic when I go. The atmosphere is really cool and the drinks are expensive, but the champagne served in the bathroom makes it all worth it!



I headed home early Thursday afternoon to begin getting ready for the annual Breakaway Tri Club End of Season gala. We hosted the party last year, which ended in a carpet disaster, but it's a great group of people and we wanted to host it again. The house looks quite a bit different than last year!




Over 50 people were in and out of our house throughout the night, with no major fiascoes. We ended the evening with a 3am dance party, so I would say it was a success! If you ever need a triathlon coach in Philadelphia, check out Todd at Breakaway, he is the best!



We spent Saturday night watching "Frozen," and "How to Train your Dragon 2," (both awesome) in preparation for Brian's Run in West Chester early Sunday afternoon. Andrew's parents went to high school with Brian when he was paralyzed in a football game. This was the 37th annual run and something the Haughtons have done many times over the years, so it was fun to get out there and run a 5 mile race.




After the race we headed back to my in laws to enjoy a late Thanksgiving dinner. We had a chance to put on the final decorations and spend time catching up, which I always appreciate.



We rushed back to Philly to get ready for the week. I have a big event in NYC tomorrow night, which I am sure will keep me up all night, and Andrew has his annual cookie contest. This year he chose Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches. Baking with Andrew was an adventure but I think they may be the winning cookie :)


Two more weeks of traveling before I am home for two weeks for Christmas!!!! I am beyond excited!

No comments :

Post a Comment