Monday, December 15, 2014

Getting Into the Christmas Spirit

I am not a huge Christmas person - the cold weather, the decorations, the presents - but I love going to Christmas Eve church with my in-laws and spending Christmas day with my entire family. This weekend was our first kicking off the Christmas season and we did it by running with South Philly Striders' Holiday Lights Run on Thursday evening. The 4.5 mile run took us all around South Philadelphia to adorable little neighborhoods that spend a lot of time making their blocks the best for Christmas.





It was a really great run and just what I needed to welcome Christmas 2014. On Friday evening we headed to South Philly again to pick up a little Christmas tree for the house. The guys were super friendly so we were happy to give them our business. 


We picked out an awkward little Christmas tree and loaded it into the car to take home. I even left myself a little surprise from last year - Christmas decorations I bought at the end of the season and hadn't unwrapped! It was a great way to save money on normally overpriced decorations and it made me very happy to find!


We spent the night decorating the tree and watching Frozen, our new favorite holiday Disney movie. The tree isn't perfect and a little awkward but it's a beautiful touch to our living room!




Let's see how long it takes the cats to bring the tree down...


No comments :

Post a Comment