Sunday, December 21, 2014

Ready for Christmas!!

Although this project is in not-so-sexy Secaucus, NJ, I was made "Social Chair," so I get to plan all the fun activities for our team, including the Holiday Party! I have planned every Holiday Party since joining Accenture over four and a half years ago and it's easily my favorite night of the year. My teammate and I found this great little place in Hoboken, the Kolo Klub, and we had an awesome night of food, drinks and White Elephant gift exchanges.






The party was a Tuesday night, which makes for an exhausting Wednesday, but I decided to take a trip to the Secaucus Rent the Runway warehouse after work. The 160,000 sq ft warehouse opened a few months ago just three miles from my hotel, so I decided it was worth a trip to find a New Years Eve outfit!






Unfortunately, I didn't find any fun dresses for New Years but it was worth the trip! It was a light week in Secaucus since everyone doesn't have to travel until January 5th, so everyone was in good spirits. Andrew is in Breckenridge, Colorado this weekend for a bachelor party, so I headed to my parent's house for a weekend of Christmas celebrations.


Oswald Christmas tree

On Friday my mom and I got the house ready for Christmas and baked in preparation for my Aunt Hallie's annual Christmas party. My mom made her amazing pizza roll bread, with home made spaghetti sauce and venison sausage. 

Baby Nelly snuggling with Louis 
Christmas presents from my Aunt Susan :)


On Saturday we had my mom's friends over to make Christmas cookies with their four sons who are all under the age of 5. I never spend time with kids that age but it was so much fun! I fell in love with the 14-month old Arlo, such a little nug.









On Sunday morning I headed back to Philadelphia early to go to lunch with my grandparents who were visiting from Charleston. After 9 days of being away from home, my cats missed me and we had a ridiculous amount of presents, including my new hat from my friend Will! Love it!!



My sister and I decided to try lunch at Serafina, which is straight up 18th street from our house, AND where Kim Kardashian was spotted when she visited Philly. It was a fun little lunch and afterwards we headed home to look at old pictures my grandparents brought for us.




I am so excited for Andrew to get home from his trip and for us to spend the next two weeks together. The holidays are always madness but it will be nice to spend the time with the family and enjoy the time off from work.

No comments :

Post a Comment