Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Myrtle Beach Bachelorette-ing

It's Wednesday and I am only starting to write this today because I finally feel like a normal person again. Last weekend I flexed from Charlotte to Myrtle Beach on a little propeller plane for my lovely friend Brynne's bachelorette party. 

View from the propeller plane

I spent a very low key Thursday night in a Myrtle hotel by myself in anticipation of everyone's arrival Friday morning. We don't get together as often as we would all like but when we do, it is a guaranteed good (and wild) time. 


Memorial Day 2013 in Vegas

The weather was beautiful and we spent Friday getting settled at the hotel and laying by the pool. It was a fun, low key day of catching up so we decided to keep the low key vibe by staying at the hotel for the night. Before I knew it, I was three drinks in and signing up for the Philadelphia marathon with Carly and Kelli (who does that!?).


Marathon girls?

We ended the night playing Cards Against Humanity and dropping it like it was hot to "Turn Down for What." It was a fun night one and so good to be back together, acting like we were in college!

Cards Against Humanity Laughing

Now don't get me wrong, I love to party, but Saturday morning was my favorite. Our little yogi Erica arranged for us to have a private yoga instructor teach a class on the beach. The weather was perfect and I decided I could spend every day with yoga on the beach.






We all felt fantastic after yoga and, after a day by the pool, we were ready for Saturday night, "THE night." We planned our best party outfits and were ready to hit the town. The best part of all being back together - getting ready together and taking bathroom selfies.

Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

Nailed it.

We kicked off the evening with presents for the bachelorette, pictures, and champagne... lots of champagne (notice that food hasn't been mentioned once yet).

Bachelorette presents!


BFFLzzz

The Hetzel Roomies :)

We headed to a piano bar to celebrate the bachelorette and get our dance on. The evening quickly got out of control and, although we all survived, the too much fun made for a very rough morning.


The Bride loving the piano bar jello shots

Yes.

Kel. 

I was in very bad shape Sunday morning so Carly and I looked up the closest health food store to find some rejuvenation food. It was the best decision we made all weekend and a green juice instantly brought me back to life.


Mecca

We concluded the weekend with an alcohol-free evening (just one glass of wine!) and an awesome seafood dinner on the water. We were on the road to recovery and sad knowing we would say goodbye the following morning.


Dinner with the girls 
Silly night



Only 9 days until we head to Pittsburgh to celebrate the Schues! I could not be happier for Brynne and was so lucky I was able to make the trip to celebrate. It makes me smile knowing that Zach will keep Brynne booty-dropping for life and I can't wait to celebrate some more :)

1 comment :

  1. Super stunning bachelorette bash. These photos are depicting a lot of fun moments that you all had. I also got married at the destination wedding venues NYC and had hosted the fun all night vintage themed bachelor bash which was extremely enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete