Monday, August 19, 2013

Mrs. H. Buys a House

The running joke between my sister and her boyfriend is to call me "Mrs. H" when I am being sassy (hardly ever). I thought it was only appropriate to include "Mrs. H" in the title of my very first blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my husband and I as we experience the ups and downs of home ownership!

After viewing nearly 30 houses over a 7 month period and putting in 4 offers, we have finally found our house! We will be making the move from beautiful Fairmount to the up and coming Graduate Hospital neighborhood. 


Last Friday we had the home inspection so I was able to take plenty of pictures and start my Pinterest home decorating! This house is going to need a lot of love but it is something we are excited to do together.
Nice high ceilings! Can't wait!
Those floors! They will be the first to go, along with that track lighting! We are hoping to install the wood floors ourselves (stay tuned for our progress) in the few days between closing and moving out of our current apartment.
Andrew pulling up the current laminate
The kitchen is something we are hoping to do in the spring after we save some more money. We are trying to decide if we want to put down wood floors when we do the living room or wait and do a pretty tile floor. The floors now are in pretty rough shape so it would be nice to have a little bit of an upgrade before the spring.


I found kitchen ideas on the Little Green Notebook blog so I am starting the redesign brainstorming now. The wood floors with the dark cabinets and light counter tops just works so well and I would love to have a pretty kitchen in our little home.We will see how long I last with the nasty kitchen :)

1 comment :

  1. Purchasing a new house is always cool. It's nice that you kept an account of it on your blog. Your post can also serve as a fine vantage of where you've been, how will you further improve your abode and the house purchases you may make in the future. Home living is always in a flux of reinvention, after all. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!

    Oliver Matthews @ Flower & Fendler Homes

    ReplyDelete