Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Settling In

This is my third week at my new job, I am FINALLY not sick (it was a long 12 days of snot), and I barely remember life on the road. There is something so comfortable and wonderful about waking up in your own bed. I already feel like a new, refreshed person. Every day this week I was able to walk to my new office (about 20 minutes from my house) and I didn't eat out once! Most importantly, I am officially part of the Vynamic team.



A heavy snow storm started Saturday afternoon just as we were getting ready for a night of celebrating the 25th birthdays of my brother and sister in law. We hosted the family at our house for dinner and cake, and then headed over to Kathleen's for the real partay!




On Sunday we headed to the semi-suburbs in search of barn wood to finish off our stair landing (finally). We discovered an incredible salvage store in an adorable little neighborhood in Mount Airy. Andrew finally found the barn wood he was looking for at a reasonable price ($7/sq. ft.).




The shop offered a 3% discount for paying in cash so we stopped in the local Weaver's Way Co-Op to grab some money, quinoa, and yogurt covered raisins. This was my first experience shopping at a neighborhood-owned co-op and I loved the concept of the neighborhood finding a way to provide high-quality, fairly priced foods, with a broader understanding of it's importance to the members and community.





After we got our co-op fix, we loaded the 10 foot barn wood into the trusty Civic and headed home to cuddle down for the afternoon. We spent the evening watching the Academy Awards so we will ride out this winter watching all the movies we haven't seen yet (top of list: Birdman, Theory of Everything, Still Alice, Grand Budapest Hotel, and many more).



No comments :

Post a Comment