Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Ball So Hard

This weekend our good friends Stryker and Kathy were getting married in San Juan Capistrano so we decided to make a SoCal trip of it, our first vacation since buying the house! I spent Monday to Thursday in Charlotte and from there flew to Los Angeles first class. Again, weekends like this make me appreciate the perks of consulting so much. Using points, I booked Thursday night at my new favorite hotel, the SLS Beverly Hills.

The SLS!

To my surprise, we got upgraded to ridiculous suite in this gorgeous hotel. I love L.A. so so much so it was fun to have a great experience our only night there. This will be my go-to hotel for future trips to L.A., I was super impressed.



Pictures don't do it justice!

We were exhausted but decided we had to get one drink at the hotel bar (I really wanted to see a celebrity). Apparently, the new "it" thing in L.A. is craft cocktails, so we got the most beautiful gin and tonics I've ever seen.




It was an early night with no celebrities but we were stoked to be staying at this swanky hotel. The next morning we grabbed a delicious breakfast in the hotel lobby before going on a hike at Runyon Canyon!


We stopped in L.A. before heading to Hawaii for our honeymoon and we really enjoyed hiking Runyon Canyon. Since we were on east coast time and up so early, we made sure to head back.



Good morning LA!

After our hike, it was time to head to Orange County! All the out of town guests were invited to a rehearsal dinner Friday night so the girls decided to get nails and hair done while the boys went to the shooting range.


pretty hair :)

The trip was a great opportunity for me to get to know my Accenture co workers on a more personal level and also let them meet Andrew as well. Unfortunately, I did not do a great job taking pictures at the rehearsal dinner but it was lovely! The next morning, we were up early again to explore Orange County.

so beautiful
Lovely morning!

Andrew spent the morning mountain biking with my co worker so his fiance and I went on a walk around our hotel. Again, just so lovely and the weather was perfect.



After our walk, it was finally time to head to the wedding! The whole event took place in a family friend's back yard and it was just beautiful.

My favorite date

We had so much fun on this little trip and I will miss Stryker and Kathy so much when she moves to London in January! We will be making a trip to Europe next year to visit :)

Our only picture from the evening :(

Love this girl!


No comments :

Post a Comment