Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Weekend in Nashville

When I joined Accenture in July 2010, I had just moved to Philadelphia and was immediately traveling to Dallas, TX every Monday-Thursday. I was never home and not at all rooted in Philadelphia, so I chose a project in Philadelphia, in an area of business I knew nothing about. Luckily, I had two great managers, Emily and Laura, who would teach me everything I needed to know and become great friends. Laura and I got married the same summer and when Emily got married in Maui last October, we spent a week together exploring Maui with our husbands.


This weekend I headed to Nashville to celebrate another big life milestone - Laura is pregnant with a baby boy!! The trip to Nashville was perfect timing, as I just wrapped up my Long Island project and I had some time on the bench. I took Friday off, went for a long run along the Nashville Rock & Roll half marathon route, and met up with an Exec from Vynamic for breakfast in 12 South while Emily and Laura wrapped up work. We got "famous" coffee and an awesome burrito at Frothy Monkey, which I highly recommend.


We spent Friday getting ready for the baby shower and exploring Nashville a bit. It was a busy day and all the planning made me realize how exciting having a baby will be...but I need a few years of freedom until I'm ready! We met up for dinner in East Nashville in a new restaurant, The Little Octopus, which was awesome.




After a delicious dinner, we stopped at a small bar in East Nashville, The Crying Wolf, to visit a friend that was dj'ing. The bar definitely smelled like hamburgers but it was interesting to see how Nashville'ians party. After a drink, we were whisked off to Broadway Street in downtown Nashville for some Honky Tonk.



I am not a huge fan of country music but a night out in Nashville is definitely a fun time. We stopped in a few bars and ultimately ended at Robert's Western World, which was recommended to me by my Vynamic Exec. I, Emma Haughton, danced to country music. It was wild.







It was a late night and we were up early Saturday morning to help prepare for the baby shower. If I said I felt awesome, I would be lying, but the baby shower was so lovely, I couldn't help but be anything but excited for Laura and Dan!







On Sunday morning we met for brunch at Pinewood Social before I headed to the airport. The brunch was really terrific and it was a great way to say goodbye to the girls. Until next time, Nashville...

No comments :

Post a Comment