Sunday, August 30, 2015

Birthday Weekend

Birthdays are my favorite and I kicked off my birthday this year, my golden birthday, with a surprise present from Andrew. We don't usually do presents but he found an artist that would paint a creative picture of our cats, Merrill and Timmy, and our turtle, Ferd. The final product was a beautiful, wild picture of my animals.



On Thursday night we headed to Chicago to visit my Aunt. We stayed with her in her beautiful house in Highland Park on Thursday night and celebrated my birthday morning with blow outs and fruit cake.




After cake we headed into Chicago to spend a day in the city. We took my aunt's convertible and drove along the North Shore in Chicago's most beautiful neighborhoods.


We ate a late lunch at one of my favorite Chicago restaurants, Fig and Olive, on Oak Street. The atmosphere is very LA and we had seats in a super comfortable table by the floor to ceiling windows.


After lunch we headed to the Trump Tower to get on an architectural boat tour of the city. The weather was perfect and it was a great way to see the city! I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Chicago.





After the boat tour we headed to Wicker Park for happy hour with my favorite Chicago Accenture friends. We had a really fun night hanging out, drinking pink champagne, and celebrating my birthday. I could not have asked for a better way to celebrate my birthday!


We spent Friday night with our friends, Emily and Scott, in their lovely apartment in the Gold Coast. The weather wasn't fantastic so, after a long run around the lake, we hung out in their apartment. We met up for happy hour with a very good friend from Ohio, Beth, which was so so nice. 


Unfortunately, I did a really bad job at taking pictures of all the great people we were with all weekend. Our hosts were truly fantastic - we drank lots of Prosecco and got our very own piano concert by our friend Will before dinner.


Before heading back to Philly on Sunday morning, we took a walk to visit the Bean in Millennium Park. The trip to Chicago reminded me of what a great Chicago city is and how much I love my Chicago friends! I really could have not asked for a better trip with my favorite people!





No comments :

Post a Comment