Monday, March 31, 2014

On the Bench and NYC

I am still not staffed on a new project, known as "on the bench" in consulting. It is nice to be home but a bit unnerving to not know where in the country I may/may not be in the coming weeks. I am making the best of it, eating healthy and working out as much as possible. Last week I met up with an old work colleague, Laura, for my first Lithe class in years! I forgot how much I enjoy Lithe and it was so nice to spend time with Laura.


Nice and sweaty for dinner :)

I wandered around Washington Avenue a few times during the week to begin planning my kitchen. We will need one weekend to rip out our old kitchen and put in the floor and the following weekend to have the kitchen installed. Unfortunately, we don't have two free weekends in a row all summer so the kitchen is going to be put on hold until August/September. I have an idea of what I want (thank you, Pinterest!) but I will need the time to make all the big design decisions.


My inspiration

This weekend we headed up to NYC to visit our good friend Sam. We got in late on Friday and had a low key night of Cards Against Humanity and wine. Without fail, I always feel like such a country bumpkin in that big city - Philly really just cannot compare with the size of New York.



We woke up to a very rainy Saturday morning and headed to brunch at The Meatball Shop in the Upper East Side. The food was delish and they even had vegetarian options for me so I could stick to my pescetarian lifestyle!




The weather was terrible so we had a very low key day inside, resting up for the night ahead. We bought a Groupon for the Greenwich Village Comedy Club on Saturday night so we headed down to Greenwich Village for dinner at an awesome little Italian place. We will be back to New York in hopes for beautiful weather and an opportunity to do some touristy things in the city! 



This week I am home again, looking for new projects and enjoying the spring weather in Philly. I have the Broad Street Run in a month so it is time to get outside and get running! We are going to relax the next couple of weekends and finish up a few house projects before our spring/summer of crazy travelling begins!


No comments :

Post a Comment