Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Wintry Housewarming

The housewarming party came and went and, despite a winter storm that prevented a majority of our friends from attending, we felt as if it was a big success! We put the party on the calendar so we had a goal to work toward and it has really kept us motivated over the past few months. 



The day of the party I was super disappointed that my family was not able to come due to the weather. My mom has been such a big help over the past three months and I wanted her to meet all my friends and see their reactions to all the work we have done (my Dad is in Italy so he wasn't planning to come)! However, I stayed organized and focused to prepare for all the friends that braved the weather to join us at our little party.

Lots of food!
Baby Aris made an appearance!

It was a super busy day so I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked but we had a great turn out! I can't begin to explain how much it meant to me to have so many great friends show their love and support. Naturally, the night turned into a big party but it was a blast.


Pajama time

We now finally feel like we can relax a bit with the house. It has a long way to go but it is comfortable and a great little home for us both (and Dan!).

Thank you everyone for your support!

We treated ourselves to Philly cheese steaks on Sunday (my first ever) and walked around the area exploring. We tried Pat's so the next time we have friends in town we will visit Geno's to compare.

Cheese steak ordering instructions
The party animal needed a cheese steak

Over the holidays we will continue having friends and family over for entertaining! This year we will be doing minimal Christmas presents to each other and picking out our new couch instead! Up next is kitchen renovation prep :)

No comments :

Post a Comment