Sunday, July 19, 2015

Celebrating Claire's 25th!

This weekend my little baby sister turned 25 so my mom came into Philly for a celebratory dinner at Lolita on Thursday night. The three of us always have a really fun time together so it was really great to all be together.


We were up early on Friday morning so we grabbed coffee at La Colombe (my mom's first time there) and headed to her eyebrow threading and dying at Rescue Spa in Rittenhouse. I first visited Rescue Spa a few weeks ago and had a really great experience, so my mom was excited to try them as well.





Early Friday afternoon we hopped on an Amtrak to NYC to spend the night with our friends, Kathy and Stryker, who were visiting from London! I was able to use SPG points from my Accenture travel days to book us a hotel in Brooklyn Heights, a really easy subway ride from Penn Station. We met our friends for drinks in Brooklyn, as we waited for our table at dinner.



It was about a two hour wait but we were seated at St. Anselm for dinner around 8:30 and it was so worth it! The restaurant is a favorite of Stryker's and it has really awesome steak and truffle mashed potatoes!



We had a fun night out with Kathy and Stryker in the Lower East Side but I woke up way too early on Saturday morning. We walked around Manhattan a bit before getting back on the train to Philadelphia.



On Sunday morning we woke up to a great surprise - our Uncle Kyle and his wife, Neda, had a baby girl! My Grandma and Aunt Hallie are in Seattle visiting them so we were super excited the baby only came two days late while they were with them! We don't know the name yet but I already love my new baby cousin so much!





Looking forward to a short week before we head out to San Francisco for Andrew's Vineman Ironman!

No comments :

Post a Comment