Monday, April 14, 2014

Too Much Time to Think

This will be my fifth week at home and I am going a bit stir crazy. I have had a few disappointing roles interviews - one in Milwaukee where they were looking for someone with more experience and another in Portland that would force me to come home at 6:00am every Friday morning - so I am back on the bench. In order to make the most of my time, I picked out a few key projects to do. The first is to make our little back yard a more enjoyable place to hang out because right now it is ghet.to.


We would love to get a new fence eventually but until then, I am going to have to do the best with what we have. This week my plan is to clean up the area behind our fence and stain our patio furniture.


Next, I need to pick a color and paint our front door. The color now doesn't bother me but it is old and really needs a fresh coat of paint.

Our little front door

The trim around the door needs replaced as well but that project is going to have to wait until Andrew is available to help. I need to learn how to use a saw so I can do these projects myself...

Rotted door frame

It is supposed to rain this week so I am going to take my home improvement projects inside. If you visit Home Depot and find the cheapest anything, that is what we have in our house, including our doors. Since replacing all 12 doors would be super expensive, I am going to try painting them and replacing the door knobs.

Cheap bedroom door

I found a deep charcoal gray and new bronze door knobs, so I am going to test the look on our two downstairs doors before redoing the whole house. The perfect rainy day project :)


Hopefully these projects will keep me busy and next week I will be jetsetting to my next project! If not, house projects are gonna keep rolling.

No comments :

Post a Comment