Saturday, August 24, 2013

Charleston Home Ideas

My grandparents moved from Princeton, NJ to Charleston, SC in 1994, so my childhood was spent driving down to Charleston and spending two weeks on Folly Beach. Every trip to Charleston brings back so many wonderful memories and makes me appreciate the time I spent here when i was younger. It was such a pleasure spending a few days with my mom, aunt, sister, grandparents and cousin celebrating our August birthdays in one of our very favorite places.
Day on the beach with my girls
This trip I am especially appreciating the beautiful architecture and history along the streets of Charleston as I get excited about our house. After a rainy Saturday morning, we took a walk down to the South Battery and did our own walking house tour! Although our house cannot even compare to the Charleston architecture, I know that my decorating will be influenced by these beautiful houses.

Loving the black shutters with the brick
Can't wait to have window boxes
This was just stunning.

I thought we had a big renovation project..
Loving this black and brick
This house was my favorite.. that door!?
 
Beautiful little brick home with so much character.
I just love the multi level porches in Charleston
This just made me happy
Always looking forward to another trip to Charleston! Hoping by the next trip our house will be comparable to the beautiful houses that have been a source of inspiration for me my entire life!

One more detail about our trip is my cousin and how we were all affected by his presence. Today he is 22 years old and 37 days sober from drugs and alcohol, the longest he has been sober in years. Every day we were in Charleston I dropped him off and picked him up at A.A., where he worked through his issues. I also worked with him to find a way to cope with his anxiety and find a way to release his energy. We went to a boxing class together and it was the most fun I've had in a long time.


No comments :

Post a Comment