Monday, September 1, 2014

A Weekend of Celebrations

This weekend we had so many things to celebrate - birthdays, weddings and anniversaries. We started the celebrations on Wednesday when Andrew drove up to Secaucus for dinner in NYC. My team of about 20 people went to dinner in Chelsea at The Park, a suggestion from a friend. 

My only picture from the night

It was a great night with my co workers, but the best part was being able to wake up on my birthday with Andrew. He gave me the sweetest card at breakfast at the hotel and then headed back to Philadelphia for a day of work.


We had big dinner plans for Thursday night but were exhausted so we decided to cook some food in our half finished kitchen and hang out with our siblings. It was a really nice little night and I was happy to get to spend it with my in laws and sister.





I was up way too early on Friday morning for our counter installation! We decided on Zodiaq Quartz in Coarse Carrara and we had a team from Kutztown drive down to Philly for the installation.



We decided on the quartz because it is super low maintenance and, although it's white, we don't have to worry about it staining. I am so happy with the end result and, most importantly, so are the cats.



Birthday flowers from one of my favorites :)

That afternoon I even had a very tiny visitor, Aris, and his lovely parents come to see the new kitchen! He needed a diaper change mid visit and took full advantage of running around the new kitchen without a diaper. 


We headed to Kutztown late on Friday night for a weekend with the family for my cousin's wedding. I ran 10 miles early Saturday morning and was pooped so it was a very chill day. My biggest accomplishment was a photo shoot of my parent's new kitchen, which is beautiful.





The infamous smoothie station


Mike, who also did our kitchen, did an amazing job with my parent's. This new kitchen has really transformed the entire house - we spent most of the weekend in the kitchen, which is a room we used to never use.




On Saturday night we all headed to the Golf Course at Moselem Springs for the wedding. I rented my dress (Slate & Willow) along with a House of Harlow bracelet from Rent the Runway. I recently signed up for their "Pro" membership ($30 for the year) so my dress was "free" for my birthday. I think the biggest benefit of the membership is that shipping and insurance is free, saving about $20 a rental. My sister and I also decided to add a little extra to our outfits with Flash tattoos.



The wedding was so beautiful and so fun, I really enjoyed spending time (mostly on the dance floor) with my family.


Flash tattoosss
Always appropriate...

...and classy
The entire house was moving slow on Sunday after too many drinks and dancing, but we made it to the Schumacher's house for Aunt Hallie's birthday celebration. We ate way too much mac & cheese, which was amazing, and it was a really nice way to end the weekend with the family.



We headed home after dinner so we would have a full day at home on Monday for our anniversary (two years!!) and more kitchen work. Monday was a long, hot, sweaty day, but we were thankful it wasn't at work. My job was to paint the kitchen so I headed to Home Depot to pick out a white for the walls.


In hindsight, I should have painted the kitchen before the cabinets were installed but I originally had thought I would want a color since everything is white. I am planning to repaint them in the future but the fresh coat of paint is an immediate improvement until I pick another color.




After painting the walls, I had the boys install the oven. We originally had Best Buy scheduled to install it but we realized we could do it on our own without paying the extra money.





My mom also gave us a new piece of furniture, along with a piece of art my Uncle drew years ago, which fits perfectly in the kitchen. 


We still have a lot to do to finish the kitchen (the plumber disaster is for another post) but we were happy to spend our 2nd anniversary working on our house together (kind of...).

1 comment :

  1. Great friend. I am sure your weekend was busy then. We also went for dinner with our friends on our anniversary. And my husband gave me surprise there as everything was arranged perfectly there, later on I came to know that he had hired event planning services. You really did great job friend on planning your event.

    ReplyDelete